It's cold today. High of about 65 degrees, but the wind makes it feel colder. It might get down to the 50's tonight, but I can't complain after hearing about the weather and illnesses at home and the record high's here the last few weeks (high 80's).
I decided to spend the day writing. I've had some great suggestions on my Florida story from my friends and was ready for a rewrite. As the day went on my concentration wondered. I'm not sure why. I think I'm getting a little homesick today. I love it here. I feel so relaxed. I've had time to write and time to read. When I feel bad I can lay down without feel guilty about it. But, I do miss my friends, my daughters, and of course, MacKenzie.
I've been sending MacKenzie postcards. Cassie said MacKenzie has a little purse she puts them in and carries it everywhere she goes. So I send more postcards. It warms my soul to know she thinks of me. But, it also makes me miss her.
I'll get to see Penni when she comes to Big Pine Key. It's the next key south of me just over seven miles bridge. I wonder if it will just make me miss all of my friends even more. Can you tell I'm a bit melancholy today? I have never been away from my daughters this long. I'll be home mid-April and I know time will pass so fast I won't even realize it is April.
We're going to stay on Marathon Key for two more weeks (the plan so far). We only plan about two to three weeks in advance. We have decided to bypass Orlando for now. It made us tired just thinking about Disneyworld. My friend, Melanie, wants me to come to Pilgrimage to work. It is the March 24th to April 5th. There are only six four-hour tours I would work with them. That would put me home the second week in April.
The RV has been very comfortable. I can see how people live in them full-time. We have everything we need. Steve and I have been in this space together since we left and haven't had the first argument. We seem to agree on most things, and what we disagree on, well, I haven't found anything we disagree on yet. We both have the same limits in energy so we flow together well.
So, that is my day. How was yours?
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment