Friday, April 17, 2009

Tornado reflections

I ran errands today around Murfreesboro. Every corner I turned there was some affect from the tornado. Then I turned off I-24 onto Medical Center Parkway and my heart dropped. Across the street from the Avenue you can see the path of devastation. Homes flattened, utility poles laying on the side of streets, pieces of peoples homes was everywhere and so were the police and state troopers. The State troopers have set up an RV for all of the troopers. An insurance company has an rv in the Avenue parking lot.

I didn't take any pictures because I felt it was an invasion of privacy. And they don't do the damage justice. We see all of the video and pictures on tv, the internet, and from friends. That's just what they are, pictures. To see it in person has a different affect. Peoples lifes scattered across highways and in ditches and in other's yards. One friend told me her house was fine but her yard was full of debris from other homes. She even found someones divorce papers.

I have a new appreciation for nature, for life, and for what will come in my life that is unexpected. Whatever I face, things could be so much worse.

No comments: