We hadn't planned to come back to Disney, but a great opportunity came up. My nephew, Taylor Casey, was going to Disney to audition for a performance role. We decided to take him there in the RV. Sara came along and Keith came down a few days later to meet us. Now here's the good part. It was an open singing audition. About 200 people turned up. Taylor was in a group of about 30 and he was one of three that got the yellow paper. He said he felt like it was American Idol. People kept coming out without the yellow sheet and he was getting very nervous. He was called and sang for them. He sang for them and the head casting director loved him. He asked him to come back March 4th for a second audition. He told him he wanted him to audition for the part of boy one (1st tenor) in High School Musical (which he performed in local theatre). They are emailing him the music and a video of the part they want him to perform for them. They even asked him to sing a second song and videotaped it. When I picked him up from his audition he was beaming! I hate to brag (no I don't) but I've always known he was great! I'm so proud!
Oh yeah, I'm at disney world. I haven't been to any parks and I don't plan to go to any. Sara and I took Taylor to Downtown Disney the night of his audition. He was so tired he slept most of the next day. He had to get up at 6:00 eastern (5 our time, yuck) to get to the audition early. I took him so I had to also. That night we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and ate dinner. It was one of the most incredible meals I've ever had. And the atmosphere was fantastic. They specialize in South African wines so I was in heaven with my wine tasting. Then yesterday Sara and Taylor went to the manmade beach in the campground, Steve worked on the RV (one of his favorite pastimes) and I just enjoyed being here.
Today Taylor, Sara, and Keith are going to Magic Kingdom. It's Taylor's first visit to disney so I'm excited for him. I might lounge by the pool, or maybe take a walk to the dog park, or maybe go horseback riding, or maybe fishing, all of that without even leaving the campground. I'm glad we have several days here to enjoy it all.
We're leaving Friday morning for ??????? We'll see where the wind blows us next.
1 comment:
YEAAAA, I love your blogging, and I love that you are finding peace and fun!! I cannot believe how much Sara looks like you!!!
Keep us posted.
We love you
ginger
Post a Comment