Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thunder Beach Rally 2009





This is our second motorcycle rally in Panama City Beach. We've been here since Sunday night but the party starts Thursday. There are some bikes here, but they are expecting over 45,000 bikes by Friday. The strip is quiet right now. This gives me a chance to practice on my new harley. Dawn rides in the sidecar with me. She is quite trusting of me actually. Sometimes I have to pry her fingers from the OMG bar, but she's a good sport. I've realized my bike is easier to drive with someone in the sidecar. Everywhere we go people wave and Dawn waves back. When we stop all of the Harley riders come over to look at my bike. We are quite unique and Dawn is loving the attention.

We're in a campground about two miles from the beach nestled in pine trees. The ponds have gators so we keep a close eye on the dogs. It's a short ride to the ocean and I plan on spending some time watching the sun set and enjoying the sounds of the ocean. Today as a matter of fact. We've already had oysters and shrimp, my favorite. It's the only place I'll eat raw oysters. They're from Apalachicola, the best oysters in the world.

I LOVE MY HARLEY!!!!! It's so cool and easy to ride. Gotta go for now. Lots of riding to do. More to come.........

1 comment: