Sunday, July 13, 2008

Center Hill Lake



I promise to keep my blog updated. I have been at home too long. When I'm home, I get manic about keeping my house clean. It's hard sometimes. Four dogs and four cats can wreck a house. So, Steve and I took a few days and explored Center Hill Lake. What a fun trip. We stayed at Long Branch Campground. It sat just below the dam. We would go down a concrete stairway to fish on the river. Every five hours the dam would generate power, which meant the water on the river rose about six feet and the current was really fast. These are the times you do not want to fish. Yes, I'm learning to fish. I'm learning how to cast for trout. There were a couple of young boys hanging out with us while we fished. Every time I would bring my rod back to cast they would back up all the way to the stairs. They had seen me cast. I caught a couple of trees, moss, and a few sticks, "fish sticks" Steve calls them.


We drove down river to "Betty's Island" to fish some more. We waded out into the water with the fly fishermen. After about an hour I CAUGHT A TROUT!!!!! I heard a fly fisherman close to me say "You got to be kidding" as he was still casting for fish.


Overall it was a very relaxing trip. I always seem to write better when I'm traveling. I think it's because I don't have to worry about cleaning the house.

1 comment:

Ellen Rust said...

I can relate. It's hard to write when the chores are staring me in the face!