Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back in Alabama

I was home for a couple of days. The doctors put Steve's dad in the hospital before we left Alabama. Steve needed a Rheumacaid treatment in Nashville so we left for home hoping his father would be out of the hospital in a couple of days. His flu had turned into pneumonia and he began deteriorating quickly. The doctors called the family in on Saturday to be with him. About 10:00 pm Saturday Steve's father passed away. The funeral is Wednesday and we'll be coming home on Thursday. It's a difficult time for the family, especially Steve's mother. She has Alzheimer's disease and doesn't remember what is going on sometimes. It's like she hears it for the first time over and over. Although, Steve's sister says it's a blessing sometimes that she doesn't remember.

I'm still hoping to go to Mississippi on the Monday after Easter. Waverly is awaiting Miss Diana. Besides that it's free labor for them.

My love to all of my friends and family,
Diana

3 comments:

linda jones said...

I'm so sorry, Diana, please give Steve my sincerest sympathy. Such a sad turn of events. Take care of yourselves!
Love, Linda

Linda said...

Diana, I'm so sorry for what you and Steve are going through. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep in touch!

Love, WWWL Linda

ginger said...

Diana,
I send my love and hugs to both you and Steve at this sad time. I have thought about you both a lot and have you in my prayers.
Take care of yourself,
hugs and love,
ginger